Vito joined Cades Schutte in 1979. His areas of practice include partnership and real estate tax law, tax compliance, as well as Hawai`i state tax law. Structuring the tax aspects of complex business transactions involving equipment leasing, real estate, energy or housing credits are areas of special emphasis for Vito.
Vito was a director of the Hawai`i Tax Foundation, and serves on the various fund-raising committees of several charitable organizations. He is listed in The Best Lawyers America and has been a speaker on various tax topics.
- LL.M. Taxation (1979), Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D. (1978), Western New England College of Law
- B.A. (1975), Grove City College
- Hawai`i State Bar (1980)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Hawai`i State Bar Association (Tax Section) (Past Chair, Partnership and S Corporation Committee of the Tax Section)
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- State of Hawai`i Economic Revitalization Task Force, Tax Group
August 15, 2016 - 28 Cades Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers of America® 2017
August 17, 2015 - 28 Cades Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers of America® 2016