Eaton focuses his corporate law practice on business organizations, business contracts, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Since joining Cades Schutte in 2009, Eaton has handled the formations, reorganizations, mergers, equity transactions, internal restructurings and dissolutions of a number of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. Particularly with respect to limited liability companies, Eaton has aided clients in drafting complex operating agreements tailored specifically to a client’s business, goals and expectations.
Eaton has also counseled and represented clients in connection with the drafting and negotiation of a variety of other agreements and contracts relevant to the clients’ business, including loan/security agreements, promissory notes, independent contractor agreements, employment contracts, waivers and releases, licensing agreements and confidentiality agreements.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Eaton served as a Judicial Intern to The Honorable Barry M. Kurren of the United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i. In addition, as a student at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Eaton served as an Articles Editor of the Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal.
- Corporate counsel representing a technology consulting firm with a wide range of corporate matters, including, acquisition of assets and equity interests in the medical industry, stock options, independent contractor agreements, formation/reorganization of affiliated entities.
- Co-counsel to a construction company in connection with the settlement of a contract dispute.
- Corporate counsel to several start-up companies in different industries (construction, real estate, medical, retail).
- Corporate counsel to nonprofit corporation in connection with the operation of such entity’s primary veterans’-focused program, including drafting appropriate agreements and forms for use with the entity’s independent contractors and program participants.
- Assist in the representation of a travel-industry limited liability company in connection with the multi-million dollar sale of two wholly-owned subsidiaries.
- Assist in the representation of a corporate manufacturer with worldwide product distribution in connection with the multi-million dollar sale of its wholly-owned local subsidiary.
- Assist in the representation of a local corporate cleaning service in connection with the multi-million dollar sale of its stock and the membership interests of its affiliates.
- J.D. (2009), Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- B.A. Psychology with a Minor in Physics (2006), New York University, cum laude
- Hawai`i State Bar (2009)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i (2009)
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- NAIOP Hawai`i – Developing Leaders
- Advisory Board Member of the Patsy T. Mink Center For Business & Leadership
- Member of the Board of Editors of the Hawai`i Bar Journal
- Business Law Corps Volunteer
- “New Hawai`i Legislation Bans Noncompete and Nonsolicit Clauses in Employment Contracts of Technology Business Employees,” Hawai`i Bar Journal (December 2015).
- Recent Development, “Paparazzi/Blogger Face-Off: Opportunity Knocking for a Fair Use Limit?” 26 Cardozo Arts & Ent. L.J. 535 (2008)
September 4, 2015 - Cades Obtains Dismissal of Bid Protest Over Honolulu Rail Transit Project
July 8, 2015 - Join the Cades Schutte Team for the 2015 Oahu Heart Walk