Jeff graduated from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism in 1991 and received his law degree from Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago in 1998.
His practice is concentrated in construction litigation, government procurement disputes, commercial litigation and media law. He has represented design professionals, owners, architects, and contractors in disputes concerning delay claims, mechanic’s lien claims, bid protests, completion costs, design errors, breach of contract, and insurance coverage disputes. Jeff has also represented various other entities in fraud, antitrust, securities, and employment disputes.
Jeff is admitted before all Hawai‘i and Illinois courts, the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is a member of the Hawaii State Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- J.D. (1998), Northwestern University School of Law School
- B.S. Journalism (1991), Northwestern University
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2011)
- Hawaii State Bar (2008)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii (2008)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1998)
- Illinois State Bar (2008)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Rotary Metropolitan Honolulu
September 4, 2015 - Cades Obtains Dismissal of Bid Protest Over Honolulu Rail Transit Project