Betsy retired from the bench after fifteen years of service. She first served as a per diem judge in the District and Family Courts and subsequently completed a ten year term as a circuit court judge. As a circuit court judge, she presided over a comprehensive calendar that included civil cases in areas involving construction litigation, boundary and title disputes, lease rent renegotiation, foreclosures, mechanics’ liens, medical practice, personal injury, real estate contract claims, and probate/trust litigation.
Prior to her term on the bench, Betsy was a partner in private practice where she concentrated on general civil litigation, business and real estate matters.
- J.D. (1987), Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College
- B.S. Public Policy/Political Science (1982), Williamette University
- Hawai`i State Bar (1988)
- Oregon (inactive)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i
- Ninth Circuit Court
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hawai`i Certified Shorthand Reporters – Board Member
- West Hawai`i Mediation Center – Board Member