Megan is an attorney in the Litigation Department of Cades Schutte. Her practice focuses on commercial, real estate, and construction litigation, and includes appearances before state and federal courts and in administrative proceedings.
Megan obtained her B.A. in Communication Studies with a minor in Japanese Language, cum laude, from the University of California, Los Angeles, and received her law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center. While in law school, she was a Dean’s Scholar and served as an Executive Editor for the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics. Megan also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Susan Oki Mollway, former Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i.
Prior to law school, Megan worked at the Los Angeles office of global public relations firm focusing on media relations for agency clients in the sports and entertainment industries.
Megan is a member of the Hawai`i State Bar Association and the American Bar Association, and is admitted to practice before all Hawai`i courts and the United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i.
- Represented Hawai`i’s largest general contractor in a $30+ million dispute over a bioenergy project on the Island of Hawai`i.
- Defended a local developer of urban high-rise affordable residences in litigation over a residential tower in Kakaako.
- Secured a $331 million contract award in a bid protest involving the Kahului Airport on Maui, which involved a four-day evidentiary hearing and confirmation of the Hearing Officer’s decision by the Circuit Court.
- Defended a developer against claims for $7.3 million in a contract dispute on Kauai, including a successful seven-day bench trial resulting in a favorable judgment and award of attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Successfully mediated a steel subcontractor’s substantial extra work claims on a boiler project on Oahu.
- J.D. (2011), Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A. Communication Studies, minor in Japanese Language (2006), University of California, Los Angeles, cum laude
- Hawai`i State Bar (2011)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Director, Hawai`i State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division (2014-2015)
- Director, Community Helping Schools (2012-present)
- Hawai`i State Bar Association (2011)
- American Bar Association (2011)
- Hawai`i State Bar Association’s Junior Judges Program Volunteer
- Access to Justice Room Volunteer
- Legal Lines Volunteer
October 21, 2015 - Cades Obtains Order Affirming $331M Construction Contract