Andrea practices in the areas of finance and real estate. Andrea represents financial institutions in commercial loan transactions, and regularly advises lenders in consumer finance compliance matters. She also works on commercial real estate transactions, commercial leasing, and assisting clients with the nuances of Hawai`i real estate law.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Andrea worked for various technology companies as an information technology analyst and project manager. During law school, she served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Susan Oki Mollway, then Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii, and served as the Executive Editor for Publications and Research for the University of Hawaii Law Review. She also served as teaching assistant for legal research and writing at the law school.
Andrea received numerous awards throughout law school, including CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for the highest grade in Legal Practice I, Civil Procedure II, Land Use Management & Control, Second-Year Seminar, and Lawyers in Business. She received merit-based scholarships such as the Starn O’Toole Marcus & Fisher Scholarship; Clifford K. Sr., Richard S., and Percy K. Mirikitani Memorial Scholarship; and C. Jepson Garland Memorial Scholarship Award for the best paper on a real property topic.
- Worked with Hawai‘i’s leading financial institutions to interpret the new TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures rule, and overcome various operational challenges, to meet the compliance deadline.
- Represented the lender in a multi-million dollar financing of premier commercial retail property in Waikiki.
- Delivered concise due diligence reviews for the multi-million dollar acquisition of numerous commercial retail shopping centers.
- Worked on the successful closings of multi-million dollar hotel property dispositions.
- Assisted large landowner with understanding the implications of recent judicial decisions affecting its real property inventory.
- J.D. (2013) William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i, Environmental Law Certificate
- M.B.A. (2006), Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai‘i, Oscar & Rosetta Fish Scholar for Excellence
- B.B.A. Information Systems (2002), University of Washington, Dean’s List
- Hawaii State Bar (2013)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- Access to Justice Room Volunteer
- Legal Lines Volunteer
- Executive Editor for Publications and Research, University of Hawai‘i Law Review
- “Beach, Breach, and Burden: Pushing the Envelope for Revitalization in Waikiki,” Ka Nu Hou Real Property & Financial Services Section Newsletter (Oct. 2013)
- “State v. Fields: Should a Declarant’s Professed Memory Loss at Trial Satisfy the ‘Unavailability’ Requirement Under Hawai`i’s Confrontation Clause?,” 34 U. Haw. L. Rev. (2014)
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association Real Property Financial Services Section, Legislative Update seminar (July 2016)
- “Seller-Financing and TILA-RESPA: Necessary Information and New Requirements,” National Business Institute, Handling Real Estate Transactions from Start to Finish seminar (June 2016)
- Hawai‘i State Bar Association Real Property Financial Services Section, Legislative Update seminar (July 2015)
December 13, 2016 - Ke Kumu – Winter 2016