Keith’s practice focuses on civil litigation, construction litigation, commercial law, and suretyship. He is an Appointed Arbitrator of the Hawaii Circuit Court system.
Commercial and General Business Litigation
- Recent Construction Disputes and Related Matters
- Successfully prosecuted claims by a subcontractor against general contractor on a federal project which resulted in an award of $1.26 million in favor of client and successful collection of award from general contractor’s surety.
- Negotiated on behalf of hotel operator the resolution of $1.3 million in additional work and delay claims by general contractor.
- Assisted shopping center developer with the negotiation of a settlement of $2.1 million in direct cost overrun and delay claims by general contractor.
- Negotiation of mechanic’s lien claim by drywall subcontractor against client/general contractor resulting in payment by claimant of client’s fees and costs.
- J.D. (1985), University of Puget Sound
- B.A. Finance (1982), University of Washington
- Hawaii State Bar (1985)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
August 15, 2017 - 32 Cades Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers of America® 2018
August 15, 2016 - 28 Cades Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers of America® 2017
October 21, 2015 - Cades Obtains Order Affirming $331M Construction Contract
September 4, 2015 - Cades Obtains Dismissal of Bid Protest Over Honolulu Rail Transit Project
August 17, 2015 - 28 Cades Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers of America® 2016
July 8, 2015 - Join the Cades Schutte Team for the 2015 Oahu Heart Walk
October 24, 2013 - Cades Schutte presents scholarship to Zane Kunimura at Pro Bono Celebration