Cades Schutte presents scholarship to Zane Kunimura at Pro Bono Celebration
Event Date & Time: October 24, 2013
Event Location: Hawai`i Supreme Court
Rhonda Griswold, Peter Olson, and Kristin Shigemura attended the 2013 Pro Bono Celebration held at the Hawai`i Supreme Court on Thursday, October 24, 2013. Sponsored by The Hawai’i Access to Justice Commission and The Hawai’i State Bar Association, the 2013 Pro Bono Celebration recognized six students whose essays highlight the value of volunteerism, and five outstanding attorneys who have given selflessly of their time to make a difference in Hawai’i.
Keith Y. Yamada served as one of the preliminary judges of the essay contest. Kristin S. Shigemura presented a $500 scholarship award to one of the six essay winners, Zane Kunimura of Waiakea High School.
2013 Outstanding Pro Bono Attorneys:
- Jason H. Kim, Hawai`i Disability Rights Center
- Catherine A. Taschner, Business Law Corps
- David J. Rber, Hawai`i Appleseed Center of Law and Economic Justice
- Carol Lockwood, The Mediation Center of the Pacific, Inc.
- Samuel Suen, Legal Aid Society of Hawai`i
2013 Essay Winners
- Zane Kunimura, Waiakea High School
- Tram Ha, Moanalua High School
- Benjamin Steeper, Aiea High School
- Casey Nakamura, Kapaa High School
- Da Hea Kim, Mid Pacific Institute
- Christopher Kim, Maui High School