Grace is senior counsel in the Finance and Real Estate Department. She joined Cades Schutte in 1985.
Her practice areas include real estate acquisition, sales and financing transactions, commercial leases and ground leases, condominium law, and environmental law in the context of real estate and lending transactions. She is also a former member of the firm’s Management Committee and a current member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee and Summer Program Committee. She is recognized as a leading attorney by Chambers& Partners’ USA Guideand currently listed as one of Hawai‘i’s Best Lawyers®.
Grace is a former Chair and current member of the Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association, and was the editor-in-chief of the 5th Edition Hawai‘i Conveyance Manual. She is also a fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys.
Grace received her B.A., with distinction, in American Studies and Japanese Language from the University of Hawai‘i, where she also earned her law degree, was Phi Beta Kappa, Casenotes Editor of the Law Review, and a Finalist in the School’s Moot Court Competition.
- Listed in Best Lawyers®, since 2003
- Listed in Chambers & Partners, USA Guide, since 2017
- J.D. (1985), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i; Case Notes Editor for the School’s Law Review; Finalist in the School’s Moot Court Competition
- B.A. American Studies and Japanese Language (1977), University of Hawai‘i, with distinction; highest GPA
- Exchange Student, University of Massachusetts at Amherst (1975-1976)
- Hawai‘i State Bar (1985)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Real Property and Financial Services Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association, Former Chair
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Hawaii Women Lawyers’ Association
- “Hazardous Waste Liability Chapter,” Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual (1977) (Co-Author)
- University of Hawai‘i Law Review (1984 – 85) (Author, Casenotes Editor, and Member)
- Hawaii Conveyance Manual 5th Edition (Editor in Chief)