Nick earned his law degree from Yale Law School, where he served as essays editor of the Yale Law Journal. Following graduation, he served as a law clerk for Judge Richard Clifton of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Nick is a member of the state bars of Hawaii and New York, and is admitted to practice before all Hawaii courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte in 2017, Nick worked as a litigator at a large firm in New York, where his practice focused on complex commercial and white-collar criminal litigation at the trial and appellate stages.
- Hawaii State Bar (2017)
- State of Hawaii Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- J.D., Yale Law School
- B.A., Yale College, magna cum laude
- Hawaii State Bar Association
January 9, 2018 - Nick McLean Accepted into The Hawaii Federal Trial Academy
September 18, 2017 - Cades Schutte Welcomes Nicholas M. McLean to the Firm