She counsels clients on all aspects of foreign and domestic intellectual property portfolio management, including filing U.S. patent, trademark, and copyright applications at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office, filing international PCT patent applications and Madrid Protocol trademark applications, prosecution, licensing, and due diligence.
Keri Ann also represents clients in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in litigation matters before the United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i.
She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences, magna cum laude, and her Masters of Health Administration degree from the University of Southern California. She earned her law degree cum laude from the William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai`i in 2007.
Keri Ann is a registered patent attorney admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and all Hawai`i courts, the United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. She is a member of the Hawai`i State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
- J.D. (2007), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai`i at Manoa, cum laude
- M.H.A. (2003), The Price School of Public Policy, University of Southern California, cum laude
- B.S. Biological Sciences (1999), University of Southern California, magna cum laude
- Hawai`i State Bar (2007)
- United States District Court (2007)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (2007)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (2011)
- Hawai`i State Bar Association (2007)
- American Bar Association (2007)
- Board Member and Treasurer, Intellectual Property Law and Technology Section of the HSBA 2016 – Current
Keri Ann gives various patent and intellectual property presentations throughout the year to students at the University of Hawai`i’s College of Engineering and William S. Richardson School of Law. In addition, she lectures twice a year at an intellectual property seminar at the “Hawai`i Small Business Fair: Launch Your Dream Into Reality”, which is organized by the Hawai`i Small Business Development Center.
September 27, 2016 - Cades Schutte Honors Zippy’s 50th Anniversary
July 23, 2015 - Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks Workshop
January 1, 2015 - Cades Welcomes New Partners: Trever K. Asam and Keri Ann K.S. Krzykowski