Welcome to the summer issue of ke kumu. As you read through this issue of our client newsletter, we hope to teach you about some of the laws unique to Hawai‘i, and we hope to become a source of relevant information that can help you better your own lives, and the life of those in our community.
- SHHHHHH! Want to Hear a Secret? Keep Your Business Secrets, Secret (Martin E. Hsia)
- Housing Hawai‘i: Hawai‘i Has a Housing Problem (Calvert G. Chipchase & Gabriel F. Gorman)
- Convergence: The Electric Industry and the Internet of Things (Craig I. Nakanishi & Nathan C. Yang)
- In Flux: Continuous Change Calls for Conscientious Planning (Daniel C. Vermillion)
- HIPAA Compliance Costs: Importance of Vigilance Over Security Controls
- Change in Direction: Federal and State Legislation Expected to Impact Employment in Hawai‘i (Paul M. Saito)