Attorneys in our Trusts & Estates Group are experienced in all aspects of estate planning, trust and estate administration, wealth preservation and asset protection, charitable planning, conservatorship and guardianship proceedings, and trust and probate litigation. Our goal is to help clients with their needs during their lifetime and with the transfer of their assets to future generations.
We recognize that clients have a variety of needs when it comes to planning for their life and after their death. We strive to provide personalized services in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
What We Do
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Estate Planning
- Trust and Probate Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Wills and Trusts
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Wealth Preservation and Asset Protection
- Conservatorship and Guardianship Proceedings
Basic and Advanced Estate Planning
We meet with and counsel a variety of clients and provide a full range of estate planning services, including drafting wills, revocable living trusts, powers of attorney, and advance health care directives.
Trust and Estate Administration
We counsel individual and corporate fiduciaries—trustees and personal representatives—in all aspects of trust and estate administration.
Trust and Probate Dispute Resolution and Litigation
We have represented clients regarding contested trust, estate, conservatorship, and guardianship matters, both through negotiation and mediation as well as going to court when necessary.
Wealth Preservation and Asset Protection
Our attorneys are experienced in more sophisticated and complex planning and in assisting clients with the preservation of wealth from one generation to another.
Conservatorship and Guardianship Proceedings
Our attorneys can assist in conservatorship and guardianship proceedings for incapacitated adults whose assets need protection.
- In re Elizabeth J. K. L. Lucas Charitable Gift, 125 Hawai‘i 351 (2011) (clarifying cy pres doctrine in Hawai‘i).
- In re Robinson Trust, 110 Hawai‘i 181 (2006) (trust interpretation case).
- In re Medeiros Testamentary Trust & Life Insurance Trust, 105 Hawai‘i 284 (2004) (trust interpretation case).
- In re Estate of Ferdinand Marcos, 88 Hawai‘i 148 (1998) (finding no Hawai‘i domicile in probate proceeding).