With over 65 years of combined experience, our attorneys advise on sophisticated and complex planning, and assist clients with minimizing estate taxes and transferring their wealth to the next generation.
We create gifting plans for families, taking into account family dynamics, wealth transfer goals, and the composition of assets available. We also assist with the transition from the first to second generation and beyond, to seamlessly pass on wealth and opportunity to descendants and other beneficiaries.
What We Do
- Minimizing Estate and Gift Tax
- Establishing Holding Structures (Trusts, Partnerships, and LLCs)
- Basic Estate Planning
Our expertise includes the following:
- Outright Gifts: The most simple of transfers to children and other beneficiaries
- Irrevocable Grantor Trusts: Gifts that are more restricted in their access by beneficiaries but also protected from creditors, including divorcing spouses of beneficiaries, with favorable income tax treatment
- Dynasty Trusts: Similar to a grantor trust but structured to allow maximum duration based on state law
- Life Insurance Trusts: Provide a structure to allow insurance proceeds to pass estate tax free at death
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts: Effective means for transferring a residence at a discounted gift tax cost
- Charitable Lead Trusts/Charitable Remainder Trusts: Useful vehicles for supporting charity and reducing estate tax burden
- Family Limited Partnerships/Limited Liability Companies: Allows for consolidation of assets for pooling of resources and easier gifting of disparate assets to trusts and beneficiaries