Janine is an associate in the firm’s Trusts & Estates and Litigation departments.
Before joining Cades Schutte, Janine clerked for the Honorable Chief Justice Recktenwald of the Hawai‘i Supreme Court.
She earned her law degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, where she was a senior articles editor for the Asian American Law Journal. While in law school, she participated in the Health and Welfare Clinic and interned at the Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund and Outten & Golden LLP. She was also a summer associate at Cades Schutte.
She received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Scripps College in Economics and Legal Studies. She is a graduate of ‘Iolani School.
- Jurisprudence Award in Negotiations, Prosser Prize in Appellate Advocacy
- Public Interest & Social Justice Certificate, Pro Bono Honors
- J.D. (2020), University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- B.A. Economics and Legal Studies, Scripps College, summa cum laude
- Hawai‘i State Bar (2020)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i (2020)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- Hawai‘i Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Recktenwald (2020-2021)