Dave is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Dave obtained his B.A. in Biological Sciences from Occidental College and M.S. in Marine Sciences from Hawai‘i Pacific University. He earned his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Hawai‘i William S. Richardson School of Law, where he earned numerous awards including the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Business Associations, the Cades Schutte Scholarship, the McCorriston, Miller, Mukai, MacKinnon Scholarship and the Class of 1977 Scholarship. Dave also completed judicial externships with Chief Justice Mark E. Recktenwald of the Hawai‘i Supreme Court and the Honorable James H. Ashford of the First Circuit Court of the State of Hawai‘i and served as a Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing (Lawyering Fundamentals I and II) and as a Research Assistant for Professor Richard Wallsgrove.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Dave was a civil litigation associate at another local law firm where he gained experience practicing in the areas of health care, personal injury, product liability, employment, foreclosure, and construction litigation, among other areas. Before becoming a lawyer, he worked as a paralegal at a local foreclosure firm. Dave was born and raised in Honolulu and graduated from ‘Iolani School.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Business Associations
- J.D. (2022), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i, cum laude
- M.S., Marine Sciences (2018), Hawai‘i Pacific University
- B.A., Biological Sciences (2016), Occidental College
- Hawai‘i State Bar (2022)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i (2022)
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable James H. Ashford in the First Circuit Court, 10th division, of the State of Hawai‘i
- Judicial Extern to Chief Justice Mark E. Recktenwald of the Supreme Court of the State of Hawai‘i