Vito is a partner in the Tax Department of Cades Schutte.
Vito joined Cades Schutte in 1979. His areas of practice include partnership and real estate tax law, tax compliance, as well as Hawai‘i state tax law. Structuring the tax aspects of complex business transactions involving equipment leasing, real estate, energy, or housing credits are areas of special emphasis for Vito.
Vito was a director of the Hawai‘i Tax Foundation, and serves on the various fund-raising committees of several charitable organizations. He is listed in The Best Lawyers America and has been a speaker on various tax topics.
- Listed in Best Lawyers®, since 2003
- Listed in Chambers and Partners, USA Guide, since 2006
- LL.M. Taxation (1979), Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D. (1978), Western New England College of Law
- B.A. (1975), Grove City College
- Hawai‘i State Bar (1980)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Hawaii State Bar Association (Tax Section) (Past Chair, Partnership and S Corporation Committee of the Tax Section)
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- State of Hawai‘i Economic Revitalization Task Force, Tax Group