Our Merger & Acquisitions Group attorneys represent clients in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including the negotiation and drafting of letters of intent and acquisition documents; legal due diligence; tax planning and analysis; antitrust, financing, intellectual property, employment, and regulatory matters, and post-acquisition integration.
We are regularly called upon to assist our regular private and publicly-held clients, as well as clients who retain us to act as special counsel on transactions requiring highly specific knowledge and experience, with stock and asset acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs, divestitures, joint ventures, and other strategic transactions.
What We Do
- Public Company Transactions, including Acquisitions, Mergers, Spinoffs, Consolidations, and Conversions
- Private Company Transactions Deals, including Roll-Ups, Buyouts, Spin-Offs, and Sales of Divisions
- Distressed Company Transactions through Bankruptcy and Other Structures
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Tax Planning
- Antitrust Counseling
- Employment Counseling, including Union Negotiations, Employee Retention, Management Compensation, WARN Act and Dislocated Workers Act Compliance, and Non-Competition Agreements
- Regulatory Counseling, including Utilities, Licensed Contractors, Health Care, Financial Institutions, and Transportation
Our mergers and acquisitions experience is unusually diverse and unique. Over the past several years, we have represented local, national, and international buyers, sellers, and financial intermediaries in diverse transactions involving clients in many different industries including hospitality and retail, resorts, alternative energy, manufacturing, energy, and high technology.
- Represented a publicly-traded company in connection with the spinoff of a subsidiary.
- Represented a publicly-traded company in connection with its conversion into a REIT.
- Represented a publicly-traded company in connection with the acquisition of a private construction company.
- Represented private equity funds in connection with investments in alternative energy and local food production businesses.
- Represented sellers and buyers of hotel, resort, and development properties.
- Represented sellers and buyers in the construction industry including large construction companies, general contractors, engineering firms, and specialty contractors.
- Represented sellers and buyers of agricultural plants, production facilities, and food distribution businesses.
- Represented sellers and buyers in the medical profession, including private practices, medical service providers, and urgent care centers.
- Represented ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investors focused on alternative energy, food security, and sustainable agriculture projects.