Our Finance Group represents major banks, financial institutions, and our corporate and individual clients, in their roles as lenders, borrowers, and guarantors, in banking and financing transactions.
We serve a wide variety of clients, ranging from international banks, to local Hawai‘i banks, to individual lenders and borrowers.
Cades Schutte has a strong understanding of the local and national finance market. Since 1922 we have helped clients navigate the lending and borrowing process by providing creative solutions, unmatched local market insight, and by leveraging local relationships and skill in advising debt transactions.
What We Do
- Commercial and Real Estate Loans
- Syndications and Participations
- Mezzanine Financing
- Affordable Housing and Tax Credit Loans
Commercial and Real Estate Loans
We draft and negotiate loan documentation for all types of loans, including construction loans, term loans, revolving line of credit loans, corporate loans, residential loans, intercompany loans, mezzanine loans, workouts, participation agreements, agency agreements, and other complex loan documentation. We advise our clients in negotiating and amending such loan documentation, while offering guidance in initiating, structuring, and closing such transactions.
We prepare equipment leases, agreements, and disclosures for our leasing clients and review such documents for our clients who enter into such transactions.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in connection with condominium, subdivision, hotel, shopping center, office, and industrial purchase money, bridge, construction, and permanent financing.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in connection with corporate, purchase and sale, merger, acquisition, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) financing.
- Represented borrowers and guarantors in connection with securitized financing for hotel and shopping center financing.
- Represented lenders in connection with mezzanine financing for multiple condominium developments.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in connection with State of Hawai‘i affordable housing and revenue bond financing.
- Represented consortium of lenders in A/B construction and permanent loan financing for a major condominium complex.
- Represented lenders in connection with national corporate and real estate financings.
- Represented lenders in connection with solar, wind, and energy loans.
Ellen R. Ashford
Lisa D. Ayabe
David F.E. Banks
Gabriel F. Gorman
Ryan M. Hamaguchi
Christopher T. Harrison
Grace Nihei Kido
Michele S. Loudermilk
John R. Love
Chris S. Mashiba
Colin O. Miwa
Craig I. Nakanishi
Nathan T. Okubo
Peter W. Olson
Reyn S. P. Ono
W. Davis Prendergast
Summer G. Shelverton
Tyler G. Simpson
Justin M. Sugiyama
Gail M. Tamashiro
Emily K. Tanaka
Andrea K. Ushijima
Lori K. Wilke
Nathan C. Yang
Theodore D.C. Young