Chris is Chair of the Tax Department.
His practice is concentrated in the areas of federal and state tax planning for businesses and individuals and resolving federal and state tax audits. He is the past chair of the Tax Committee of the Hawaii Society of CPAs and past chair of the Tax Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association. Chris is currently listed in the publication The Best Lawyers in America®. He is a past Adjunct Professor of Law at the William S. Richardson School of Law, teaching corporate and partnership taxation.
Chris received his J.D. degree, cum laude, from Hastings College of the Law, University of California. Chris received his B.B.A. degree in accounting, with distinction, from the University of Hawai‘i. He is also licensed as a CPA in Hawai‘i (not in public practice). Chris serves on the board of directors for the River of Life Mission.
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Litigation and Controversy – Tax, Honolulu, 2023
- Listed in Best Lawyers®, since 2006
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Tax Law, Honolulu, 2015, 2019
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Litigation and Controversy – Tax, Honolulu, 2013, 2017
- Listed in Chambers & Partners, USA Guide, Hawai‘i Tax (Band 1), since 2015
- J.D. (1997), Hastings College of the Law, University of California, cum laude, Thurston Society, Order of the Coif
- B.B.A. Accounting (1991), University of Hawai‘i, with distinction, Dean’s Scholar Award with highest cumulative GPA in College of Business
- Hawai‘i State Bar (1997)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i
- Certified Public Accountant (not in public practice)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- River of Life Mission, Board of Directors