Lisa assists clients in navigating Hawaii’s complex real property laws. She represents developers, land owners, and tenants in the leasing, acquisition, purchase and sale and development of commercial real estate.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Lisa served as a law clerk to then-Associate Justice Mark E. Recktenwald of the Supreme Court of Hawaii.
She obtained her B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania and earned her law degree, cum laude, from the William S. Richardson School of Law. As a law student, Lisa served as Casenote Editor of the University of Hawaii Law Review, co-president of the Pacific-Asian Legal Studies Organization, and student representative of the Admissions Committee.
Active in the community, Lisa serves on the Teach for America-Hawaii Regional Advisory Board, the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership Advisory Board, and the Punahou Alumni Association (Hawaii Chapter) Board. She is a member of the Pacific Century Fellows Class of 2016.
- Represented buyer in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of a 326,700 square foot shopping center.
- Represented buyer in connection with the acquisition of a multi-million dollar industrial property.
- Represented lender in connection with a $35M term loan secured by a shopping center.
- Represented seller in connection with the disposition of Waikiki properties.
- Represented landlords and tenants in connection with leasing of shopping centers and office space.
Awards and Honors
- Pacific Business News “Forty Under 40” Class of 2016
- Pacific Century Fellows, Class of 2015 – 2016
- HSBA Leadership Institute, Fellow, 2012
- J.D. (2008), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawaii, cum laude
- B.A. Communications (2004), University of Pennsylvania, summa cum laude
- Hawaii State Bar (2008)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawaii (2008)
- Patsy T. Mink, Center for Business & Leadership, Advisory Board Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Young Leader
- NAIOP Hawaii – Developing Leaders, 2014-2016
- American Judicature Society, Hawaii Chapter, Special Committee on Discovery, Member, 2011
- William S. Richardson School of Law Alumni Association, Director, 2008-2009
- Intermediate Court of Appeals and Hawaii Supreme Court, Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark E. Recktenwald (2008-2009)
- Teach for America-Hawaii, Regional Advisory Board Member (2016)
- Patsy T. Mink, Center for Business & Leadership, Advisory Board Member (2015-present)
- Punahou Alumni Association Hawaii Chapter, Board Member (2016)
- American Judicature Society, Hawaii Chapter, Special Committee on Discovery, Member (2011)
- William S. Richardson School of Law Alumni Association, Director (2008-2009)
- Hawaii State Bar Association Real Property Financial Services Section, Legislative Update (2016)
- Hawaii State Bar Association “Real Estate Transactions 101”(2015)
- Hawaii State Bar Association Real Property Financial Services Section, Legislative Update (2014)
- Hawaii State Bar Association Real Property Financial Services Section, Legislative Update (2012)
- Co-Author, Chapter 1 of the Hawaii Real Estate Law Manual (Volume IV)
December 12, 2017 - Cades Helps Ready Kahauiki Village
January 7, 2016 - Cades Schutte LLP Announces New Partner