Attorneys from Cades Schutte’s Trusts & Estates and Real Estate team, Summer G. Shelverton and Imran Naeemullah, will be providing a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Institute webinar addressing some of the legal issues that should be considered when contemplating a real estate investment.
Whether acquiring a residential or commercial property, there are multiple factors that touch on aspects of real estate law, trust law, tax law, and corporate law which determine how best to protect the asset to be acquired.
Topics will include:
- How title can factor into asset protection (e.g., individual ownership vs. trust ownership vs. entity ownership).
- Privacy considerations: how who takes title to the property can make it easy (or not so easy) to determine who ultimately owns the property.
- How the tenancy selected can affect asset protection.
- Different types of trusts – which one is right for my investment and asset protection strategies?
- An overview of the possible tax implications of certain asset protection strategies.
The webinar is scheduled to be held via Zoom on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m (free for chapter members, $15 for non-members). Register for the webinar hosted by CCIM.