Dave is a partner practicing in the area of litigation, and is Co-Chair of the firm’s Construction Law and Litigation Practice Group.
Dave’s practice concentrates in the areas of contract and real estate litigation, construction litigation and arbitration, public contract law, and water resources law.
- Listed in Best Lawyers®, since 2003
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Construction, Honolulu, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation, Litigation Star
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, since 2005
- Listed in Super Lawyers®, 2008-2012, 2014-2022
- J.D. (1980), University of Oregon School of Law
- B.A. Philosophy (1976), Yale University, with distinction
- Hawai‘i State Bar (1980)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association