Justin has a broad transactional practice including complex financing matters, real estate, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance. He regularly represents lenders and borrowers in financing matters and sellers and purchasers in sales and purchase transactions.
Born and raised in Kaneohe, Justin received his B.A. in finance from Loyola Marymount University. He also received his M.B.A., magna cum laude, from Loyola Marymount University. He earned his law degree, cum laude, from Georgetown Law.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Justin was an Associate for Kirkland & Ellis LLP in New York. While at Kirkland, his practice consisted of a range of matters including sales transactions, debt finance, corporate governance and capital markets.
Prior to law school, he spent over seven years working for The Boeing Company in various roles including proposal management, financial modeling and analysis, strategic development and contracts management.
- Represented a local borrower in a $245 million syndicated refinancing for a Hawaii hotel project.
- Represented a consortium of local banks in a $170 million A/B financing for a Hawaii condominium project.
- Represented local banks in multiple acquisition financings including the acquisition of a FBO air service provider, a flood remediation company and a food distribution company.
- Represented local banks in multiple ESOP financings.
- Represented a local bank in multiple Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) financings.
- Represented a private equity client in a $285 million investment in a surf lifestyle brand.
- J.D., (2010), Georgetown University Law Center, cum laude
- M.B.A., (2005), Loyola Marymount University, magna cum laude
- B.A. Finance, (2003), Loyola Marymount University, cum laude
- Hawaii State Bar (2015)
- New York State Bar (2011)
- Member, NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Member, 200 Club