Darene is an associate in the Litigation Department at Cades Schutte. She joined the firm in 2017.
Darene is a graduate of the William S. Richardson School of Law. While attending law school, Darene was the Executive Editor of the University of Hawai‘i Law Review, President of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, and research assistant to Professor Andrea Freeman. Additionally, she won a national award for Third Best Oralist as a member of the Native American Moot Court team and received a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Practice I.
Darene served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Mark E. Recktenwald, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Hawai‘i, and the Honorable Karl K. Sakamoto, then-Judge of the Circuit Court of the First Circuit. She also served as a summer clerk at the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney.
- Listed in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch, since 2023
- J.D., William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Hawai‘i
- Political Science, Wellesley College
- Hawai‘i State Bar
- Hawaii State Bar Association