Jeff is a partner in the Litigation Department of Cades Schutte. His practice is concentrated in construction litigation, government procurement disputes, commercial litigation, and media law.
Jeff has represented design professionals, owners, architects, and contractors in disputes concerning delay claims, mechanic’s lien claims, bid protests, completion costs, design errors, breach of contract, and insurance coverage disputes. Jeff has also represented various other entities in fraud, antitrust, securities, and employment disputes.
Jeff graduated from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism in 1991 and received his law degree from Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago in 1998.
Jeff is admitted before all Hawai‘i and Illinois courts, the United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is a member of the Hawaii State Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
- Listed in Best Lawyers®, since 2021
- J.D. (1998), Northwestern University School of Law School
- B.S. Journalism (1991), Northwestern University
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2011)
- Hawai‘i State Bar (2008)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i (2008)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1998) (Inactive)
- Illinois State Bar (1998) (Inactive)
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- “Change in Contractor Bid Protests,” Cades Schutte ke kumu (Fall/Winter 2019) (Author)
- “Keep Your Eye on the Law: New Legal Issues are Shaping Isle Jobsites in 2019,” Building Industry Hawaii (February 2019) (Interviewed)
- “Mechanic’s Liens: What Every Contractor Needs to Know,” Subcontractors Association of Hawaii (October 13, 2017) (Speaker/Co-Presenter)
- “10 Things Subcontractors Need to Know About Construction Insurance,” Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Hawaii (September 7, 2016) (Speaker/Co-Presenter)