Nat is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Nathaniel’s (“Nat”) practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property matters. Nat has represented clients in a broad variety of industries such as investment banking, pharmaceuticals, real estate development, semiconductors, retail, consumer electronics, and computer hardware and software, and in matters including shareholder derivative actions, bankruptcy proceedings, tort actions and contract disputes, intellectual property litigation and procurement, and domain name and other Internet-related disputes.
Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Nat was an Associate with the Los Angeles office of Milbank LLP. Nat also spent several years as an engineer in the software industry prior to attending law school.
- Representation of a preeminent consumer technology company in defense of patent litigation involving smartphone hardware
- Representation of the committee of unsecured creditors of a multinational investment bank in bankruptcy adversarial proceedings
- Representation of a major Hawai‘i landowner and real estate developer in an access dispute
- Listed in Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch since 2021
- Listed in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars since 2021
- Pro bono counseling and representation of indigent clients, undocumented minors, and domestic abuse victims
- J.D. (2013), Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
- B.S. (2008), Computer Science & Engineering, University of California at Los Angeles
- Hawai‘i State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai‘i
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- UCLA Alumni Association
- Punahou Alumni Association
- American Bar Association