Cades Schutte LLP is proud to announce that 23 attorneys have been named 2021 Hawai‘i Super Lawyers® and Hawai‘i Super Lawyers Rising Stars, with seven newly recognized Rising Stars this year(*).
Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. This selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations, and recognizes no more than 5 percent of each state’s attorneys in the Super Lawyers® list, and no more than 2.5 percent in the Rising Stars list.
Please see below for a list of all of our ranked attorneys:
2021 Hawai‘i Super Lawyers®
- David F.E. Banks – Employment & Labor, Business/Corporate
- Calvert G. Chipchase – Real Estate: Business, Land Use/Zoning, Business Litigation
- C. Michael Heihre – Business Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Construction Litigation: Business
- Martin E. Hsia – Intellectual Property, Entertainment & Sports
- Rick Kiefer – Real Estate: Business
- Kelly G. LaPorte – Civil Litigation: Defense, Schools & Education, Business Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Utilities
- Lindsay N. McAneeley – Civil Litigation: Defense, Environmental, Employment Litigation: Defense, Administrative Law, Appellate
- Craig I. Nakanishi – Energy & Natural Resources, Utilities, Business/Corporate
- Peter W. Olson – Insurance Coverage, Professional Liability: Defense, Personal Injury – General: Defense
- Jeffrey S. Portnoy – Civil Litigation: Defense, Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice: Defense, Business Litigation
- Marc E. Rousseau – Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Franchise/Dealership
- Kristin S. Shigemura – Employment & Labor
- Theodore D.C. Young – Bankruptcy: Business
2021 Rising Stars
- Trisha H.S.T. Akagi* – Bankruptcy: Consumer
- Lisa D. Ayabe* – Real Estate: Business
- Nathaniel T. Dang* – Business Litigation, Intellectual Property, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Michi Momose* – Business Litigation
- Imran Naeemullah* – Real Estate: Business
- Nathan T. Okubo – Real Estate: Business, Banking, Land Use/Zoning
- Summer G. Shelverton – Estate Planning & Probate, Estate & Trust Litigation
- Justin M. Sugiyama* – Securities & Corporate Finance, Banking, Real Estate: Business
- Andrea K. Ushijima – Banking, Real Estate: Business, Business/Corporate
- Nathan C. Yang* – Real Estate: Business
About Cades Schutte LLP
Cades Schutte is a full-service law firm with over 70 attorneys, providing superior service in over 20 practice areas from the Firm’s main office in Honolulu and offices in Kona, Waimea, Kahului, and Līhuʻe. Since the Firm was founded in 1922, Cades Schutte attorneys have been called on to serve as counsel in some of the most notable cases and transactions in the State of Hawai‘i.
Cades Schutte offers a wide range of corporate and personal legal services with an emphasis on business counseling. The Firm is proud to serve local, national, and international clients, and regularly handles estate planning, tax, and personal litigation matters.
Cades Schutte is organized into four departments—Finance, Real Estate, and Corporate; Litigation; Tax; and Trusts and Estates—but departmental lines are fluid. Cades Schutte attorneys from different departments routinely collaborate on projects to benefit clients. This approach provides a full array of the Firm’s expertise and experience.
Utilizing a ‘firm first’ mentality, the firm has adopted a democratic style of management in which the strategic direction and vision for the firm is developed by its partners, and headed up by its Management Committee. Together, this Committee serves as the Firm’s key visionary, and is specifically charged with implementing the direction and mission of the stakeholders.
Marketing & Business Development Manager