Over the last two decades, Keoni has become one of a handful of attorneys in Hawai‘i with expertise and extensive experience in the quieting of land title.
Keoni is a partner with the firm’s litigation department. He focuses on Hawai‘i-based real property litigation including quiet title and partition law, Haw. Rev. Stat. chapters 668, 668A and 669. Keoni has been involved in numerous quiet title and partition actions throughout the islands involving clients big and small and he also has extensive experience in matters involving easement and boundary disputes.
He has also served as counsel for landowners in all phases of real estate disputes including negotiation, mediation, arbitration, litigation, and appeals. Keoni’s practice also includes general civil litigation matters including trust litigation, construction litigation, foreclosures, and alternative dispute resolution.
- Representing Hawai‘i landowners in quiet title litigation involving everything from the smallest of parcels to multi-million dollar properties
- Representing a diverse set of clients in both inter-family and unrelated multi-party partition actions
- Litigation of property boundaries for various landowners on multiple islands
- Representing a diverse set of clients regarding Trust and inheritance disputes
- Representing landowners concerning access and easement rights including advice on the applicability and enforcement of native Hawaiian rights and associated traditional and customary practice
- Listed in Best Lawyers®, since 2019
- HSBA Leadership Institute, Fellow, 2013
- Board Member, Coalition for a Drug-Free Hawaii
- J.D. (2000), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i, cum laude
- B.A. History (1997), Princeton University
- Hawai‘i State Bar (2000)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai‘i
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (2000)
- State Courts of Hawai‘i (2000)
- U.S. District Court of Hawai‘i (2000)
- Board Member, Friends of the William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i
- Hawaii State Bar Association (2000)
- American Bar Association (2000)
- Kamehameha Schools Alumni (1993)