Prior to joining Cades Schutte, Michi served as a law clerk to Associate Justice Richard W. Pollack of the Hawai`i Supreme Court from 2012-2013.
Michi received her law degree, summa cum laude, from the William S. Richardson School of Law in 2012. As a law student, she was the Outside Articles Editor on the Law Review and a member of the Philip C. Jessup International Law moot court team, which advanced to the international rounds in 2012. She also served as a judicial extern to Associate Justice Simeon R. Acoba, Jr. of the Hawai`i Supreme Court.
During law school she received the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Civil Procedure I, Evidence, Federal Courts, Legal Practice II, Race, Culture & Law, and Health Law, as well as the Michael P. Porter Dean’s Scholastic Award.
Prior to law school, Michi obtained her Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service, cum laude, from Georgetown University in 2008.
Awards and Honors
- Michael P. Porter Dean’s Scholastic Award (2010)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Civil Procedure I; Evidence; Federal Courts; Legal Practice II; Race, Culture & Law; Health law: Bioethics
- J.D. (2012), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai`i at Manoa, summa cum laude
- B.S. (2008), Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, cum laude
- Hawai`i State Bar (2012)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
October 21, 2015 - Cades Obtains Order Affirming $331M Construction Contract