Welcome to the Spring/Summer issue of ke kumu. As you read through this issue of our client newsletter, we hope to teach you about some of the laws unique to Hawaii, and we hope to become a source of relevant information that can help you.
This issue’s headlines include:
- Kōkua (Pōhai Nu‘uhiwa Campbell)
- THE SECURE Act: How it may Affect your Retirement Plan Beneficiaries and Estate Plan (Caitlin M. Moon)
- Taxation of Judgments and Settlements: Should a Payment be Considered as Income or Qualify for a Deduction? (Trever K. Asam)
- Blackbeard’s Ship “Queen Anne’s Revenge” and the “Statute of Anne”: Not Enough Piracy by the States (Martin E. Hsia)
- Updated EPA Guidance: Maintaining Bona Fide Prospective Purchaser Status (Stacey F. Gray)
- How does your Garden Grow? Pro Bono Efforts with the Amy B. H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden (Sachi E. Hiatt)