Randy’s practice concentrates on Real Estate Development and Administrative Law (with a focus on oceanfront residential permitting), Hospital Law (liability and risk management, medical staff issues), Employment Law, General Business and Commercial Law and Litigation, and Hotel/Hospitality Law.
He was a law clerk to Justice H. Baird Kidwell in the Hawai`i Supreme Court from 1976 to 1977. Randy is the former President of the Hawai`i State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division and the former President of the Hawai`i Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
Randy taught appellate advocacy as an adjunct professor at the William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai`i (1980 to 1986) and taught hotel law at the University of Hawai`i, School of Business, Travel Industry Management (1983 to 1987).
He opened the firm’s Hawai`i Island Offices in 1987.
- Randy represents individuals and families who purchase land and build homes in coastal or other highly regulated areas, primarily on the islands of Hawai`i and Kauai.
- Randy also represents businesses and investors in purchasing and selling hotel, resort or development properties.
- Mauna Kea Community Association
- Mauna Lani Resort Association
- Medical Legal
- Hawai`i Health Systems Corporation
- J.D. (1976), William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai`i
- B.A. (1972), Williams College
- Hawai`i Preparatory Academy, Kamuela, Hawai`i (1968)
- Hawai`i State Bar (1976)
- United States District Court for the District of Hawai`i
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- United States Supreme Court
- Hawai`i State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hawai`i State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division (President)
- Hawai`i Institute of Continuing Legal Education (President)
- William S. Richardson School of Law (Adjunct Professor, Appellate Advocacy: 1980 to 1986)
- University of Hawai`i, School of Business, Travel Industry Management (Professor, Hotel Law: 1983 to 1987)
August 15, 2016 - 28 Cades Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers of America® 2017
August 17, 2015 - 28 Cades Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers of America® 2016